Friday, January 20, 2006

How to make a quiet Friday afternoon go faster

Or rather a rather silly afternoon. We are going through the "What do you call a man with a spade on his head?"* jokes. We now have hundreds thanks to this site. The favourite so far is "What do you call a girl with one leg shorter than the other?"**

On a knitting theme, I have had some time this afternoon to think about the baby blanket I am going to be knitting for my friend C. I spoke to her last night and she is now 22 weeks and very excited a bit scared all at the same time. After making the hat for V's new baby I have decided that Debbie Bliss' Baby Cashmerino is the way forward as it is so so soft. I realised I need something that will be ok for boys and girls and didn't want something too pastel. So I have ordered the blue (203), yellow (506) and off-white (101) from Laughing Hens

The idea is to do a garter stitch border in the off-white and then a fairly big basketweave pattern in the middle (as I figure this will be reversible) in stripes.

I have also ordered a few secret things over the last couple of days for my secret pal, hopefully they should arrive in the next few days and then I can ship them off.

I promise a picture of the finished hat and also another fab postcard from my secret pal later tonight. I may even a finished picture of the pullover too, I frogged the neck last night and have started doing it correctly now (phew).


*It's Dug just incase you were wondering. ** Eileen

2 comments:

Alice said...

wale watch got me through my friday afternoon

what about the hoover pattern in knitty for the blanket. its got a few options, and is a nice read anyway (like a mix between an article and a pattern)

RooKnits said...

That was another of our pastimes, unfortunately he was a little too far up river to be able to see him from the office window so we had to make do with the BBC website. E was getting all distraught when she heard it was bleeding. I was more cross that it was so silly to get itself trapped in the first place. I can be heartless at times (usually only to wind up E though).
I'll check out the Knitty pattern... thanks!