1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like to knit with mostly natural fibres; especially wool and cotton. I'll give anything a go.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In a vase or in the magazine holder I use as a project-in-progress holder by the sofa
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I reckon since I was about 12 or 13 on and off... I used to take it up, get bored with it, take it up again. I knit a few things for colleagues/friends who had babies over the last 5 or so years, and I'd say I've been improving my skills over the last 2.5 years.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Here it is
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender probably but I'm not one for heavily scented things. My favourite perfume is Flower by Kenzo if that gives you an idea.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but I cut out chocolate for Lent and I am now trying to be good and limit myself to only one thing a week and so far it's working. At this present moment I am craving a Crunchie!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet a little and really enjoying learning but I am very much a beginner. I also love gardening, even though if you looked at my garden you wouldn't think so. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm a 1990's indie girl. Stuck in the days of Blur, Ash, Pulp, Oasis etc. However the new Arctic Monkeys hasn't left my CD player in quite a while!
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
That would be purple. In fact anything stripey usually makes me happy.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live alone but have a bf who I visit/visits me most weekends. We've been together nearly 4 years.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, Yes, Yes and haven't for ages.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have managed to get addicted to socks this year. However I enjoy any projects which are fairly quick as I like to see results fast. Scarfs, hats, bags, baby clothes etc etc
13. What are you knitting right now?
A secret gift for a friend who has a birthday next week and I am crocheting squares for a baby blanket for another friend who is due at the end of May.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I love them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I've done quite a bit of stuff on circulars recently, I adore wooden needles but find it hard to justify buying them when I have a big bag of metal hand me downs and a vase full of funky coloured plastic needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder and I don't know what I would do without it. No swift. (Yet)
17. How did you learn to knit?
My mum taught me; and my friend Kerry taught me how to crochet.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Um, not that old, probably the hexagons for my blanket, that I make when there are no socks to knit. Probably 3-4 months=ish
19. What is your favorite holiday?
I take it this means christmas, easter etc etc.. so probably Christmas.
My ideal holiday (vacation) is going somewhere to chill out (cottage etc) with little towns to explore and places to see.
20. Is there anything that you collect?
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really want "Big Girl Knits" I have heard lots of good things about it. And I NEED some 2.25mm bamboo dpns but I can't find them anywhere and I have just discovered how much I adore Lorna's Laces sock yarn. I have a sub to Simply Knitting.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Entrelac. I want to make a bag. When the presents are out of the way this is the next thing.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
3 pairs this year so far... UK size 6/7. About 23cm long from tip of toe to back of heel and 23cm around the ball of my foot...
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
18th May. Not long to go now until my 30th year.