The sun even came out so I could take a picture. It looks a bit weird hanging on the line, but I had no idea where else to take the photo! I am please with the finished result. I hope Cath will like it, she did request something bright!
For my next blanket, I would like to stick with squares done in the round, as it would be much easier to crochet them together and I think that would frame the squares better. I just couldn't get the hang of crocheting these together and ended up sewing them. Luckily my sewing has improved dramatically over the last year!
Here are the stats...
Start Date: Easter 2006
Finish Date: 29th May 2006
Most of the blocks are taken from 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton. The edging I made up myself, one round of dc in green, one round of bobbles in red and one round of shells in yellow.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Teal - 203 (Main colour) and yellow - 506, green 002 and red - 007.
Here is a close up of the edging.Now I think I really need to wash it before posting it. The idea of washing something I have spent so many hours making fills me with dread. However, it is for a baby, and these squares have been dragged around in my bag and laid out on the floor so the definately need a wash! Wish me luck!