Monday, February 20, 2006

Why do I still live in London...

When I could wake up to a view like this every morning? How beautiful is that? It is what I saw when I opened my eyes in Hebden Bridge on Saturday morning. A lovely weekend was had with some very good friends who I don't see as often as I would like to. We went walking, ate curry and drank beer, and even had a little culture at the Dean Clough gallery in Halifax.

The knitting on the train went quite well too.
On the left is a little bit of an upside down picture of the
Clapotis. I've done the first straight row and dropped my first stitch (which you can't really see but never mind). On the right is the start of my commuter knitting - a sock with the wool my SP sent me using the pattern from the March edition of Simply Knitting. I'm doing the early shift this week, so there is noone about to stare too much. However I am worried that as the week progresses and the knitting gets harder things may go horribly wrong if I knit at 6am. Maybe I will have to save it for the journey home. Hope all you Olympians are on the home straight.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good:) I am glad you enjoyed your trip'UP North' It is wonderful in our part of the country!! I am putting together your second parcel :) I sure hope you will enjoy whats inside

ra said...

I hear that there's a wool shop in hebden, did you see it?