Thursday, August 31, 2006

No cake for Roo

Tony has just returned from his mom's house to tell me that he had cake for pudding. Then he told me she offered him some cake for me but he told her that he wasn't sure if I would like it. So he didn't bring me any!!!! Apparently it was like eve's pudding but with lemon. Just because he spent hours once slaving over bread and butter pudding to find out I don't like it seems he thinks I'm fussy! :0) Huh!
So I guess I will have to show you some different presents I received this week....

From my amazing One Skein Pal! A gorgeous purple boa scarf made from Collinette Fandango. The picture made it look really dark, it is much more of the lighter purple shades you can just about see. Not only that, she sent the most amazing patchwork tote bag that she had made. This really really makes me want to learn how to sew. I desperately need a house of my own so I can have a craft room! I don't think Tony would be too happy if a sewing machine appeared in the snooker room! You can't really tell from the picture, but it has wadding in it to make it feel quite sturdy and it has a inside pocket to stop me losing my mobile and keys (which always seems to happen in these kind of bags!). If you want one yourself, go and look here! I also got a gorgeous card with an old photo on, some lavender and a flowery notebook which will come in very handy. Thank you LIZZY. You have been a superb secret pal. Your blog has inspired me to try and make one of the crochet garden scarves using the lorna's laces you sent me.

Tonight I managed to finish off the Jaywalker scarf in Hipknits silk for my secret pal. I hope to get this posted over the weekend. I really hope she likes it as much as I like my presents. I have bought a few more cool things to go with it too. Fingers crossed.

I have also managed to make one sock this week from my kool-aid-dyed DK. Hopefully the other one won't take too long and I can send these off with the other goodies to my Secret Pal 8. Lastly I thought I would show you the (lack of) progress on the blanket. A little mistake happened last weekend, I thought I would try and do another square with the colours in reverse. Obviously I wasn't paying attention....The one on the left is the new one. Spot the deliberate mistake., two rows of purple at the beginning instead of one makes the square too big! Ooops. Never mind, I've still got 2 months before the baby is due. That's only one square every 2 days, no problem!
I'm spending this next week going back and forwards between Wolverhampton and London so I'm not sure much blogging will get done. But hopefully some knitting/crochet will... And I get to see all my friends, HORAY! Oh and just before I go, check out these cool things I've seen in the blogging world this week... Bryony's very cool Japanese crafting book and cool OSP scarf and Katie's Jumper which I also love.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

You can always just colour the purpe bit in! You're so productive - how do you fit it all in?

Lizzy said...

The jaywalker scarf is excellent - I must admit that I never did finish my Jaywalker socks. So glad that you like the boa. As a big Colinette fan I think anything made of her yarns is amazing. I shall be purchasing a whole load more at this years Knit and Stitch Show in October.

Jody said...

Your scarf looks great!