Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ok... I did get cake

Tony turned up at the station on Friday evening with some cake. All is forgiven. It was a very good lemony sponge with lemon sauce. Yum. Thank you for stealing cake from your mom's house for me!
Had a good weekend tidying the flat. I can't believe the minute it is finally finished it is going up for sale! I am really happy with the finished product, so hopefully someone else will love it as much as me - stripey glass tiles and purple walls and all. Will let you know as soon as the piccies are up with the estate agent.
The trip to London and back produced two more socks, one for Toby and the other for my secret pal. I left these drying last night, so hopefully they will be ready to photograph tonight and post tomorrow.
I'm a bit bored of socks at the moment, I think I need to concentrate on the blanket squares for a while, or something else that is not socks. Might make a start of Bombshell from Big Girl Knits.
I'm off to London this weekend, so possibly planning a visit to i Knit London. I am hoping to get to the NEC the weekend after for the Knitting and Stitching show - just don't tell Tony cause I might bring more wool home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sympathise with your cake deprivation. I anticipation of such a thing I was bought a stuffed felt cake to take as a birthday cake substitute for my trip to NY this weekend.
And it got me thinking if Tony holds out on the lemon sponge of Eve’s cake, you could knit your own. I saw a cake stand full of knitted fairy cakes and buns the other day – clearly the point where our two blogs meet!
http://haveforkwilltravel.blogspot.com/2006/08/birthday-1.html
(fake cake next to real decadent chocolate cake)

J