Tuesday, August 01, 2006

And now for some kniting content

I managed to finish the Hoodie in time, just! Here is it drying after a quick bit of blocking with a steam iron:Pattern - Debbie Bliss Hoodie from Issue 1 of Simply Knitting
Pattern edits - added a star motif(which is a little wonky but I don't care!) and stripey arms (as I love my stripes)
Knitted in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. 3 balls of teal and 1 of stone.
Size 1-2 years.
I hope to get a piccie of the little man wearing it as soon as the weather cools down in the North East. Was a bit too cruel to make Sam model it for me in 30 degree heat!
Started July 06, Finished July 06
And more socks. I finished the family rib socks from Vogues Socks two book. The pattern is the same as the one I used for Tony's lornas laces socks, but this time in the womens size.
The yarn is Curious Yarns in Forest Walker. I am especially happy with how I have no holes on the gusset where I have picked up stitches. Horay! These are for a 30th birthday present next week and I finished them on holiday... with a whole 10 days to spare. Wonders will never cease.
However I have another birthday present to make for two weeks today, so I have started these Jaywalkers.
However as the last pair for Kerry came out a bit too big I decided to reduce the number of stitches in the pattern to 60 and continue using my trusty 2.5mm 30cm addi turbo. Seems to be going ok so far. It was a bit tight, but I can get it on, just. It fits Kerry too, so fingers crossed it will fit Lauren! These are in Lana Grossa Cotton Spirit I bought from Stash in Putney. It is so nice to knit with in this hot weather. I think it makes perfect Jaywalkers too.I promise tales of holiday stash enhancement in my next post....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the hoodie is adorable :)
SP8