Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blanket Time

It is time to forget the socks and start thinking about the next big project.
I really want to make this Debbie Bliss Alphabet Blanket; but I think that will have to wait for the next baby as; after consulting with the mum-to-be; I think this baby needs bright colours. I am also worried that if I make it, I won't be able to part with it and that will scare Tony too much.
I have dismissed the Wild Stripes blanket again for being too boring to knit.
I am toying with the idea of making the Kaleidoscope throw from Zoe Mellor's Nursery Knits book I borrowed from the library the other day

Or, this morning I was playing with pencil crayons and my new squared note book and came up with this. All of the squares have the colours red, orange, yellow,green, blue, violet in that order either from outside to inside or vice-versa. Obviously this layout doesn't work, as there are the same colours together, but I reckon the squares would work. I might even only use the squares in the correct rainbow order, violet to red (bottom left) and red to violet (3rd one on bottom row) as these seem to be the most pleasing to the eye. I reckon I would need 25 squares to make it the same size as the blanket I made for Toby.... they would be crocheted again, as these would be easy to crochet but a pain to knit. What do you think? My design or stick to the Kaleidoscope throw above? And then it is the yarn decision. The Kaleidoscope throw calls for Jaeger Aqua Cotton, a mercerised cotton... I think I need to go and see if I can have a feel of some of this! Or, I could carry on in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino as I have some yellow and green left over from the other blanket but it is very expensive. Or I could go with Texere's anti tickle King Cole Merino as that seems to come in lots of good colours. Decisions Decisions.
In the mean time, I have been carrying on with the commuting sock....

1 comment:

Ling said...

Hi. I think the square blanket will look lovely in your colour choices. I am amazed by the number of socks you knit!!! They all look great!!

Hope you are settling in your new place