Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My first baby knits

The 20 week scan went well, so I decided to start on a couple of baby knits for my wriggly bump.
First up, an Oz Vest from Louisa Harding's Natural Knits for Babies and Mums.
I've knit this at least twice before, possibly more times and knew it would be fast.
This one is knit from The Yarn Yard's new Alpaca mix DK weight yarn.
Oz Vest
Hopefully it is unisex enough! Actually - it is purple, so I don't care. Just need to find some buttons for the shoulder now. The rest of the yarn is destined for a matching hat.

Next up, Emil(ia) by the very talented Åsa Tricosa
Åsa very kindly sent me the pattern to test knit for her. I rummaged through the stash and came out with 4 colours of Rowan Wool Cotton which I deemed to be suitable (after spending about 30 mins sitting on the upstairs landing swapping and changing balls of yarn).
Emil(ia)
I knit this over the course of my week in the Lake District. A fun knit, with unusual construction. It is very easy - the only sewing to do is along one shoulder.
Emil(ia)
However it is the edging that I love the most. It really finishes the garment off well. The neck edge looks like i-cord and the bottom has a lovely moss stitch border. I forsee more of these in my future - defintely one in Gold and Black for the future Wolves fan!
Again, only buttons to find before this one is finished.

3 comments:

Kate said...

They are very cute! Baby knits are incredibly satisfying. :-D

Roobeedoo said...

Aw - so cute! So I suppose little Roo-ny (Roo +Tony) will have baby-sized football boots too?

Linda said...

They are both lovely!

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/