Monday, March 08, 2010

Hemlock Ring

I have quite a bit of catching up to do, as a week in the Lake District has meant my knitting and crochet productivity has increased somewhat.
However I will start at the start, with my newly finished Hemlock Ring blanket
I finished knitting this on the 15th February, but it wasn't blocked until the 25th.
Hemlock Ring Blanket
I found 10 skeins of Rowan RYC Cashsoft Aran in this gorgeous eau de nil (ish) colour in the sale at House of Fraser over Christmas. I knew instantly that it needed to come home with me and become a Hemlock Ring blanket.

The blanket is based on an old doily pattern and someone has charted out the feather and fan section here.

I love the simplicity of the design and the softness of the yarn. On the advice of HilltopKatie I crocheted the edging - so much simpler than the knitted version.

Now I just have to work out which baby this is a gift for (or if I keep it for my bump!)

6 comments:

Kate said...

It's gorgeous. The colour is perfect for a wee one. I think if I'd made it I'd have a hard time giving it away and blankets are incredibly useful. ;-)

Roobeedoo said...

Oooh! It is very lovely! I think that's the same colour as my Kemps cashsoft bonanza.

Fiona said...

Thats a lovely colour and i've looked at this project more than once! Fabulous :)
Fi x

Linda said...

Thats beautiful.

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

Leah said...

looks wonderful R!!

Wish I'd known about the crochet edging...I'm still casting mine off- it's driving me nuts!!

Childproofing San Bernardino said...

This is a grreat blog