It's that time of year again. I haven't joined in for the last few rounds, so I decided it was time to swap again
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love merino. My favourite sock yarn is Toddy from the Yarn Yard. Dream in Colour and Malabrigo are also on the fave list. I'm a bit sneezy around anything fluffy and don't really like novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I've got a needle case and a wonderful wooden stand my other half made for me. I could really use a better needle holder for my circs.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I learnt when I was small, I've been knitting in earnest for about 5 or 6 years now and I'll try almost anything!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? An amazon list under my email address.
5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender, but I don't really like anything too scenty.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Malteasers or Green & Blacks chocolate (esp the milk or one with nuts/raisins in)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do spin, I have a wheel on loan from a friend and I'm hoping to get my own at some point in the future. I also sew.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm a 1990's indie girl. Stuck in the days of Blur, Ash, Pulp, The Wonderstuff etc. Recently, most things on XFm like the Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, The Courteeners and more chilled out stuff too like Vampire Weekend Scott Matthews. I *may* also be found at Take That/Robbie Williams and Wet Wet Wet concerts. oops
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple, purple and more purple. Or stripey things. I also have a hankering after some tweedy things for the Autumn. I'm not a big fan of pastels.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm getting married on the 11th July :o) No pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, hats, mittens, lace shawls, baby clothes - in fact as long as I'm knitting I'm usually fairly happy :o)
13. What are you knitting right now? A pair of socks and a baby cardigan.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addit turbo, addi lace or knitpicks (metal or harmony) circs
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes I have a ballwinder and a swift made from lego!
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Old. I have one knee length kilt hose sock which was mean as a Christmas present about 1.5 years ago. I really need to start the other. I've also got a Noro crocheted blanket that is constantly in progress!
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas - time off work and presents. I'm not religious.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Wool?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscription to yarn forward. I would love the new Wendy Johnson "Socks from the toe up" book.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I decided today I need to know how do do an applied icord edging and various other finishing techniques. I also want to learn how to Navajo ply.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I do knit socks, I am a UK size 6.
23. When is your birthday? 18th May
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? rooknits