Sunday, September 28, 2008

Socktopus SoSeSaSwa Questionnaire

Yes, another swap. I've joined the Socktopus Secret Santa Swap. I'll be knitting a pair of socks for someone and putting together a sock kit parcel for someone else using the Socktopus ethos - can't wait!

1. What are your favourite colours and fibres?

I love purples, and also have a thing about teal at the moment. I like wool (esp merino) and nylon mixes for socks - my socks have a tough time so it is good if they are machine washable.

2. Anything that makes your toes curl? (Fibre, colour, other)

I'm happy to try almost anything! I have some cotton mix yarn for socks that I hated knitting with, it needs to be "springy"

3. Would you describe yourself as a beginner, intermediate or advanced knitter?

I reckon intermediate.

4. Do you have an online wishlist? (Amazon or other)

Amazon

5. Any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I need to learn how to magic loop. I can knit socks from the toe up, but have never done a toe up heel flap, so that's another thing on the list.

6. What is your favourite:

Snack? Green & Blacks Milk chocolate - although very occasionally at the moment as I'm doing Weight Watchers, so these days it tends to be a banana
Book? Anything by Nick Horby, Ian McEwan, Roald Dahl or the Harry Potter series
Movie? The Wizard of Oz
Music? I love mid 90's - now indie music. Fave's at the moment are The Courteeners, The Holloways, Pigeon Detectives, Arctic Monkey's. Older faves are Ash, The Wonder Stuff, Athlete - stuff like that.

7. What are your favourite items to knit?

Socks, socks and more socks.

8. Any patterns that are top of your queue?

There are lots of socks in my queue, I tend to put them there as a place to browse when starting a new socks. As for other items, I want to knit Liesl by Ysolda, a February Lady Sweater and a tank top for me for work.

9. Do you have any other hobbies?

I have a sewing machine and try to make clothes. I also dabble in growing vegetables and have a lot of courgettes!

10. Tell us about yourself. When did you first pick up your needles? Who/what encouraged you to start knitting? How would you describe your knitting style? Are you a process knitter or a product knitter, etc.

My mum taught me to knit when I was small. I remember making a lot of Jean Greenhowe dolls in my early teens. I picked up my needles only a few times in my late teens/early 20's - usually to make a scarf or a toy. Then friends at work started reproducing and I enjoyed making baby clothes as presents. I also started making bags and ill fitting garments. I discovered knit blogs in 2005 and started blogging in 2006 and I've had something otn ever since. Most of my knitting time is on my commute to work, hence the ridiculous amount of socks I knit. I also knit jumpers/hats/scarves/dresses for the plethora of small children my friends have been producing recently. Lace is my new joy, great for long train journeys. My goal this winter is to make some garments (or even just one garment) for me, that actually fits!

No comments: