In the last couple of weeks the good and bad have been fairly evenly balanced
1. I've been to Majorca with work, had lots of fun and didn't spend anything at all!
2. I have reached my 2 stone milestone in my weight loss campain.
3. I bought some new jeans - 2 sizes smaller than in May.
The not so good:
1. I got stung by a jellyfish whilst in Majorca! (I'm ok, but I've got a nasty burn on my arm)
2. I really can't get the hang ot the Sockdown secret socks, they have been ripped out about 3 times! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
3. My ipod has died.
I am gutted about my ipod. I've had it for 4.5 years and listened to it virtually every day. It's had a new battery and I thought it would last forever. It seems the hard drive didn't agree. So I have spent the last week cooking up ideas of how to save enough money to buy a new one. Most revolved around making things to sell. However when rummaging in my suitcase full of yarn on Sunday I had a sudden realisation. I needed to destash, I'm sure I could make at least half of the cost towards a new ipod if I sold some yarn. So, here we go. My Ravelry For Sale page is here and my whole yarn stash is here. Take a look and let me know if you want anything, even if it is not for sale at the moment. I have very few things that I am desperate to keep.
I am a little shocked that I love my ipod more than my yarn.... but I'm finding it hard to knit on the train without music (or stories!!).
I have managed some knitting, Christmas socks from the August Yarn Yard sock club
One is finished and the other has 1/2 a foot to finish.