Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I thought I had nothing to say....

Then I took some photos and realised I had lots and lots to post about.
First of all, the chicks. They are MASSIVE and hardly fit in the nest. It can't be long before they are gone :0( I hope I am here to protect them from the nasty cats. They have been flapping their wings and jumping around the nest and making lots and lots of noise. I will miss them when they fledge. The Rainy Day socks were finished just in time, but I forgot to take a picture. So the token knitting content is this, a cricket pullover for Toby who will be 1 at the weekend. I'm making it up as I go along, all seems very easy at the moment as it is just a tube with ribbing and some cables. Who knows what will happen when I get to the arm holes!
Tony and I had a trip to Ikea last week to buy a bookcase to keep all of my crafty thing in so that the living room looks a bit tidier. I need to retrieve my other books from my mom's house, and we need to buy doors for the bottom half but it is looking good. I had to bring the DB Baby Cashmerino downstairs as I think it looks so cool on the bottom right. It is crying out to be make into a blanket! On rainy bank holiday Monday I managed to set up me new sewing machine in the dining room and have a little play. I haven't used a sewing machine since I was very little so I don't thinkI did too badly. It's going to be a crochet hook/dpn holder. The seams are very wonky, I did no measuring or drawing lines to follow as I just wanted to have a play and I only had orange thread!

And finally, there has been no knitting tonight because I've been baking - Chocolate Mole Muffins and Chocolate flapjacks from the Green & Blacks cookbook to take to work on Friday for our cake sale. Ooh and before I go I think I am just in time for the SP questions Bobbi set:
With the weather turning warmer, many of you are thinking of traveling (though some of you have just returned, you can play along). 1) What do you pack to knit? and 2) What do you hope to shop for?
Assume that you will be gone for ten days to someplace "foreign" that is known for having great knitting locations. (Bonus: Where would you go on a "knitting holiday"?)
Well, I won't be going on holiday until my trip to Toronto in September and who knows what I will be knitting by then? However I will probably take a small project, I am guessing socks, and maybe some crochet for the plane. Then, in Toronto, I feel the world will be my oyster in terms of yarn shops. I am planning on doing the Toronto Crawl but I don't think Tony realises this yet. I can't wait to see all of that wonderful wonderful yarn and will definitely be after some Canadian yarns like Koigu and Fleece Artist and boy do I hope they have STR. YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hey!!!! Is that Billy looking after your books? I have some of his brothers holding all mine!!!