Saturday, March 24, 2007

Twit Twooooooooooooo

Meet Oswald. He was finished on the bus on the way to see my Mom on Thursday evening, hence the rubbish photo of him with his scarf. He is the softest owl in the world and he now lives with Monkey and Albert on the sofa at my Mom's house. She has been really poorly recently, so it was good to be able to make her something to cheer her up!

Pattern - Otto Owl from Lucinda Guy's And So To Bed

I used the DB Baby Cashmerino that was left over from Owen's blanket and smaller needles rather than RYC Cashsoft the pattern called for. The scarf is made from Mission Falls cotton left over from Tony's Elephant - so an excellent project for using up odds and ends.

I love him!

Started: 8th March

Finished: 22nd March

And now onto the latest project - the garden. This is the view out of the bedroom window this morning.
Just before lunch from the kitchen And at about 5.30pm from the bedroom again.....
I had to come in and get warm, and of course, share all our hard work with you! More tomorrow... let's hope I'm not too tired for knitting tonight as it is someone's 3rd Birthday on Wednesday and I've only done 4 rows of her present. Ooooops.
Maybe soon I'll have my much longed for vegetable patch. Fingers Crossed.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, that's a huge load of work in the garden.

Lizzy said...

I love,love,love that cute owl. I want one badly and may have to buy this book. I have looked at it before but decided against as my daughter is 6 now and the clothing patterns may just be too small. I think it may be worth it for just the toys. Do you think it would be hard to upsize some of the patterns a little ?