Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Blanket Number 3

It is finished just in time. Little Owen arrived on Monday! Mum and baby were doing well last I heard.
Pattern: Blocks from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Squares
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Cream (101), Green (002), Lemon (001), Brown (011) and Beige (102)
Started: 15th January
Finished: 26th February
Comments: Yet another blanket using squares from the same book and I'm still not bored of them! I adore the DB baby cashmerino. The blanket is so unbelievably soft. I used a smaller hook this time, which worked much better. I kind of like the randomness of it (even though my head usually says NO to things that aren't symmetrical!) Colour choice was good too, in a 70's kind of way.
Below we have my "sassy sock yarn" from the Swap-Bot swap. It is very intriguing as it has 2.5% Chitin, which is fibre from shrimp and crab shells which makes it naturally antibacterial... Feels very soft and the colours are fab. Thank You!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE blanket number three and I tell you now I am thinking of stealing the colour scheme for the blanket that I am going to make for Beccy's baby (due in June). She has already decorated the nursery in yellow and green so I might make something that matches.
Kerry

Linda said...

The colours in your blanket are lovely, I am sure the baby and parents will love it! It will be interesting to see what the new sock yarn knits up like. I love that needle holder in your previous post!

Ling said...

That's a lovely baby blanket. Great colours.

Tell us what you think of the new sock yarn. Looks interesting!

Lizzy said...

Your crochet blankets are an inspiration ! I just love them. I have the book - but can I justify buying more yarn ? Oh yes, why not.

Guinifer said...

Hi Roo!
Swap Partner here.
I got my Sassy Sock Yarn today! It's lovely! Hopefully I'll get a picture on my blog before all those little chocolate bunnies get munched up!