Yes, it is that time of year again.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything natural is fine by me. I can only cope with squeaky acrylics in very small quantities when making toys. I am loving knitting with all the really soft cashmere/wool blends out there at the moment. I have nearly finished a pair of socks in "Socks that Rock", which is definitely the BEST sock yarn available
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Tony Tiger, my lovely bf, made me this for my birthday! Other needles are in my project bag/under the bed/lost. I need to think of a good way of storing my sock dpns and my circular needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learnt when I was about 10 or so, knitted loads of soft toys in my early teens and then knit on and off for about the next 10 or so years, not really making it my hobby. I reckon I've been knitting solidly for about the last 2 years or so, since my friends started having babies to knit for. Probably about intermediate skill level
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon is here
5. What's your favorite scent?
I don't really do heavily scented things, probably lavender if I had to pick
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Mini-Eggs (well it is nearly Easter); Malteasers and Green & Blacks chocolate for a bit of luxury.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet too, which I enjoy as a change from knitting. I like baking and gardening too but don't tend to get much time to do either! I don't spin and don't have and craving to do so at the moment.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm a 1990's indie girl. Stuck in the days of Blur, Ash, Pulp, The Wonderstuff etc. Recently, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys and more chilled out stuff too like Scott Matthews. I *may* also be found at Take That/Robbie Williams and Wet Wet Wet concerts. oops.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am addicted to stripy things. I just cannot stop buying them. My wardrobe seems to consist of a lot of brown and turquoise at the moment too, so I think that must be a favourite along with purple.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my lovely bf in Wolverhampton.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats and mittens. A girl can never have enough of these.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, socks and more socks. Oh and presents for small children too.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of birthday socks for my BF (his birthday was 2 weeks ago but they should be finished today). Some convertible mittens for me. Fetching handwarmers from Knitty (also for me). An owl for new baby Owen to go with his crocheted blanket.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends what I'm knitting.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to a winder. I am hoping my lovely bf is going to make me a swift for my bday in May.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Um... not that long, a couple of months.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Nope, although Tony would tell you I collect wool.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Some more Socks that Rock. It is amazing. I would love any of the soft washable Cashmere/Wool mixes out there to make baby/toddler clothes from such as the DB Cashmerino or RYC Cashsoft etc.I have a subscription to Simply Knitting and Yarn Forward magazine. I also got the last copy of Interweave Crochet and loved it. 21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Lace. Although I fear I don't have the patience for all that counting.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Oh yes. I knit socks on the bus and train on my commute into Birmingham every day. I am UK Size 6-7. I can give you more specific measurements if you want them.
23. When is your birthday?
May 18th. It is the big 30 this year. Eeeek.