Monday, January 08, 2007

My first FO's of 07

Luxury cashmere handwarmers for Suzie's 30th birthday next weekend.
Pattern: Fetching from Knitty
Yarn: The softest most luxurious wool you have ever ever felt. Sophia 12 ply Chunky cashmere from Posh Yarns in Palette from last week's "One off Wednesday". I wish you could stroke your monitor to feel how amazingly soft they are.
Started: Saturday, 6th Jan
Finished: Sunday 7th Jan (aka, no time at all!)
Comments: I had to use 3.5mm needles as I don't have any bigger DPN's. But the chunky (rather than aran weight) called for it, otherwise they would have been massive! The fabric is quite firm because of this but it doesn't matter! You can't see the cables as well as you could if they were a solid colour... but they do stand out more than in the photos... and I don't care because I LOVE THEM! I just hope Suzie does too :0) I have to make some for myself, but now I fear only Posh Yarn's cashmere will do!
The other FO is a scarf for little Carys. She doens't have a scarf and when asked if she would like one, she said yes, a red one. So, being me, I have made it red (with a few stripes!)

Pattern: Kind of a made up crochet pattern which involves 3 dc's into every third dc, to make a kind of shell pattern.
Yarn: DB Cashmerino Aran in dark red and some random Kureyon I found whilst looking for a contrast (as there wasn't enough Cashmerino)
Started: Friday 5th Jan
Finished: Sunday 7th jan
Comments: I am worried the Kureyon will be a bit itchy, so I decided to make what I hope will be the neck part of the scarf in the soft cashmerino. Finger crossed it is a winner!
Right off to do some swatching for the next secret project.

2 comments:

Trudie said...

These are scrumptious - you wouldn't catch me giving them away!!

Sarah said...

Love your handwarmers! What a nice friend you are. Thanks so much for checking out my blog, I will be sure to check back with you often. S~