1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Anything natural is fine by me. I can only cope with squeaky acrylics in very small quantities when making toys. I am loving knitting with all the really soft cashmere/wool blends out there at the moment. Yummy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Tony Tiger, my lovely bf, made me this for my birthday! Other needles are in my project bag/vase/lost. I need to think of a good way of storing my sock dpns and my circular needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learnt when I was about 10 or so, knitted loads of soft toys in my early teens and then knit on and off for about the next 10 or so years, not really making it my hobby. I reckon I've been knitting solidly for about the last 2 years or so, since my friends started having babies to knit for. Probably about intermediate skill level.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I don't really do heavily scented things, probably lavender if I had to pick.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes, nice chocolate. But not American chocolate. I really fancy a Crunchie at the moment.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I crochet too, which I enjoy as a change from knitting. I like baking and gardening too but don't tend to get much time to do either! I don't spin and don't have and craving to do so at the moment.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm a 1990's indie girl. Stuck in the days of Blur, Ash, Pulp, The Wonderstuffetc. Recently, The Killers, Atctic Monkeys and more chilled out stuff too.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am addicted to stripy things. I just cannot stop buying them. My wardrobe seems to consist of a lot of brown and turquoise at the moment too, so I think that must be a favourite.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend (and have done since I moved from London at the start of August.) No pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves, hats and mittens and only ponchos when there is nothing else to keep me warm!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Children's clothes, socks, accessories... things that have fairly instant satisfaction. Socks are a definite addiction.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A hat (Odessa from Magknits) for my friends mum who is having chemo. Some socks/mittens and a hat for a new arrival. I am also crocheting a baby blanket.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love the wooden needles TT bought me (pictured above). Also love my addi turbos and my brittany birch short dpns for sock knitting. Don't like straights for big things as I find they get to heavy.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder. I am hoping I might get a home made swift as a present from TT one day.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably from June, the odd sock I knit in Amsterdam for me.... there has always been present knitting that has got in the way of starting the other.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. The presents and the time off work!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
TT would tell you I collect wool. Lots of it.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love to try Koigu or Socks that Rock or the new Colinette Sock wool that I hear is coming soon. I would love any of the soft washable Cashmere/Wool mixes out there to make baby/toddler clothes from such as the DB Cashmerino or RYC Cashsoft etc.
I have a subscription to Simply Knitting and the new Yarn Forward magazine.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I think I am going to try and make some childrens jumpers using fair isle. I love the beaded fair isle pattern in Debbie Bliss' Baby Knits.
22. Are you a sock knitter?
What are your foot measurements?
UK Size 6-7. I can give you more specific measurements if you want them.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
1. Where is your favorite knitting spot?
In a cottage, with a roaring fire, when it is raining outside! But I spend most of my knitting time on a bus/train.
2. If you suddenly could never knit again (shudder) - what would you do instead?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?
Um, I would love to a road trip across the US, not sure why, I have always wanted to do it. I would also love to visit all of my friends in Australia.
4. When you were little - What did you want to do "when you grew up?" Are you doing it?
I wanted to fly planes, not doing it, and quite glad I'm not!
5. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?