Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Knit Love Club Part III

I am managing to keep up with my Knit Love Club Knitting.
The beads for the third installment of the club were threaded onto the yarn using a beading needle on 31st May 2010.
Caretta Caretta
And the socks were finished and blocked on 25th June.
The pattern is called Caretta Caretta by Alice Yu. It is an interesting mix of beads, yarn overs and rib.
Caretta Caretta
I only beaded the leg of the sock, as I thought the beads might be a bit uncomfortable in shoes. They add a wonderful sparkle.
Caretta Caretta
Knit on 2.5mm needles in Sunna, a Spirit Trail Fiberworks yarn - 75% Merino, 15% Cashmere, 10% Silk.
The yarn is a heavy fingering weight, a little thicker than what I usually use for socks, but has knit up beautifully. It is deliciously soft and the subtle semi-solidness of the yarn is just perfect.
Another success, thanks Alice!

2 comments:

tea and cake said...

ooh, lovely! These look delicious.

I've not even finished the first ones yet! But, it will come.

Roobeedoo said...

Very very lovely. I haven't cast on any of the sock club socks and the more time goes on, the less likely it seems... but these are really gorgeous and might just get me moving!