Sunday, January 03, 2010

The start of 2010 - a blogiversary update

4 years of blogging done and dusted. I've made some great friends through this blog and Ravelry - thank you for reading!

What's new on the needles at the start of 2010?
A Hemlock Ring Blanket in Cashsoft Aran in a pale bluey/green for one of the many babies due to be born this year. I'm onto the feather and fan part now, which makes good TV knitting.
Hemlock Blanket

A stripy jumper for me in Rowan Felted Tweed. I've had this one in my head for a long time, and have finally started.

Stripy Jumper

A top down raglan on 4mm needles in 7 colours of felted tweed. I thought about a Fibonacci sequence of stripes, but ended up with 2 rows, 2 rows, 4 rows, 6 rows, 10 rows. This should alternate well with the 7 colours I think. Fingers crossed!

Stripy Jumper

5 comments:

twigletqueen said...

Happy new year and happy blogiversary! I love the colours of your felted tweed!

emmms said...

Happy New Year and a very happy bogiversary! Isn't Felted Tweed lovely?! Yum!

Roobeedoo said...

Ooh yes - stripey goodness! And a hemlock ring too? Great start to the year!

Flossie in Stitches said...

I think you may just have solved a problem for me! I've been wanting to knit a lace shawl as a gift for my 'god daughter' (she'd having a naming ceremony rather than a Christening) but I wanted something more practical than a lace shawl. You know, something that might actually be used! I think the Hemlock Ring Blanket would be perfect. I want something will an heirloom feel to it, but a gift the parents can use if they want to. Perfect!

Linda said...

Happy new year and blogiversary! Heres to loads more lovely knits like that hemlock. xx