2009 has been a good year.
I got married
I've been on holiday to the Lake District, Bruges and the Canadian Rockies
I ran the race for life (and didn't walk at all)
I walked 15 miles in the Brecon Beacons with my work colleagues to raise money for a local charity
I knit on the plinth in Trafalgar Square and helped raise money for MSF
I learnt to spin
I also went on lots of knitting adventures; Skip North, UK Ravelry Day, Cookie A's book signing at loop and the iKnit Weekender, and met lots of wonderful knitterly friends.
So what have I made in 2009?
26 items... one every couple of weeks, much more productive than I thought I had been.
6 shawls, 6 jumpers/cardigans for small people, 4 pairs of socks, 2 odd socks, 3 jumpers for me, 2 hats, 1 blanket, squares for another two blankets and one bridesmaid dress.
1. Wickery, 2. Hexagon Blanket for Joseph, 3. Beautiful Ishbel, 4. Oolong Socks, 5. Raspberry Ripple Socks, 6. Odessa, 7. George, 8. Kai-Mei, 9. Ishbel, 10. Shanghai Ishbel, 11. Little Person Shrug, 12. Lucille, 13. Looking for something, 14. Aurantium Blossom, 15. Aeolian Wedding Shawl, 16. Hopsox, 17. Athabasca River, 18. Snapdragon Hat, 19. Damson Shawl, 20. Green Vines, 21. Sunshine Socks, 22. Hoot, 23. Bookworm Sweater, 24. Barn raising - All the Squares, 25. FBS, 26. FLS Finished 001
My 2009 Resolutions… how did I do?
1. Loose more weight, I'm hoping to fit into a size 12 wedding dress by 11th July (yes, a date has been set). 3 stone down, 2 to go.
Haven't quite made it to "goal", but am certainly at a place I'm happy with for the time being and was very happy with how I looked in the said wedding dress.
2. Make the said wedding dress.
Nope, fell in love with a dress and my mum bought it for me, definitely the right decision.
3. Make a shawl for the wedding.
Yes, after much deliberation over patterns and yarn. My wedding Aeolian shawl in Zephyr wool/silk with shiny beads.
4. Make a dress for my little bridesmaid.
Yes, and a little shrug for her to wear. Fit like a dream. Another success.
5. Knit 12 pairs of socks - one a month - from stash yarn. I want to try a Yarnissima pattern, another Cookie A pattern, one fair isle (hopefully Harika when I get some contrast yarn) and one with twisted stitches. I also have to finish the Kilt Hose.
No, yes and no. And the Kilt Hose are still languishing. I just haven't felt the sock love.
6. Keep up with the Socktopus sock club patterns.
Only one pair finished, and I've accidentally felted these now so they don't fit. Grr. Must do better.
7. Make another garment for me. Dawn advised something top down with negative ease so it doesn't matter if I lose more weight. Any ideas? I am currently thinking of the Honeycomb vest from Knitty.
Yes! . FLS was finished, as was my Vine Yoke and by Heather Hoodie… all of which I wear in rotation.
8. Spend less time online and more time knitting/crocheting/sewing!
I've definitely been trying to do this over the last couple of months… the lack of blogging doesn't mean I'm not knitting!
What will 2010 bring I wonder?