Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Socks from the Stash June and July.

My Fruit Pastel socks are done. These were my socks from my stash for June:
Fruit Pastel Socks

Fruit Pastel Socks
Started: June 12th
Finished: July 3rd
Pattern: Speedway Socks
Yarn: Opal Feelings - 1701
Needles: 2.5mm
Comments: Another pair of chevron socks, this time with yo's rather than M1's. I'm over the chevron thing for a while I promise! Very Stripey, very me. I love them.

So onto July's socks from the stash. These have been in the planning stage for quite a while.
I finally cast on for my green embossed leaves earlier in the week. I'm using The Yarn Yard TdF yarn I must've had since this time last year! They are speeding along quite nicely, the pattern is easy to remember but looks complicated:
Embossed Leaves

Hopefully these will help with my lace addiction.... as Muir is finished! More later in the week.

Secret Pal 12 questions weeks 4 and 5:
1) What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?
Oooh, that's a hard one. I think I'd really like to try some Handmaiden.
2) What yarn do you never want to be without?
Any sock yarn, preferably machine washable. Alternatively, some squidgey malabrigo lace.

1) Where is your favorite place to go for vacation/holiday?
A cottage in the UK. Near a pub, with a log fire. So I can chill out and knit and maybe do a bit of walking.
2) Where is one place you’d like to go?
I'd love to go to the Rockies and the Grand Canyon. Closer to home, I'd love a trip to the West Coast of Scotland.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Lovely socks! I have this pattern and I thought I bought it after seeing it on your blog - have you knitted it before? It's on my SOS08 list!

florencemary said...

Great socks, particularly the fruit pastels ones! Looking forward to seeing the finished Muir photos...

Knittynutter said...

Gorgeous socks,
love the colours...

i'm a bit of a sock addict myself!!!

Roobeedoo said...

Lovely lime leaves - makes me wish I had persuaded my daughter to choose a solid colour for her pair - sigh!

Linda said...

Brilliant colours! I love the green ones.

Bryony Ramsden said...

Gorgeous socks, both wips and ufo :D When was the last time you purchased any sock yarn? ;) I've been getting sock club stuff, but I can safely say I've not actually ordered anything (except some to make a gift for someone as my stash wasn't really suitable imo :D).