Saturday, July 12, 2008

Muir

Muir is finished. I must thank Romi for such a wonderful free pattern.
Here is a picture along with the dress I am planning on wearing to my friends wedding next weekend. Not a bad match eh?
Muir
And, as ever, I can never resist a little photo collage.
The sun came out so I took the chance to get some photos in the sunshine.
The ones with the blue background are taken with Muir spread across the double bed, and the ones at the bottom are pre-blocking.
Muir Collage
Pattern: Muir from Knitty
Yarn: Posh Yarn Eva 2 ply in Hot Pink.
Needles: 4mm Addi Lace Turbos
Started: 5th June 2008
Finished: 8th July 2008
Comments: I did two repeats wide and 12 repeats long of the lace chart and it measures 60cm x 180cm - a perfect length for me. I left out the picots down the edge too. I had about 15g of Eva left over, so I could have managed the full 13 or maybe even 14 repeats long but I felt it was long enough. It was a joy to knit, and I had most of the pattern memorised after repeat 3 or 4.

Now I'm wondering what lace to knit next! Any thoughts? In my Ravelry queue are Hanami, Laminaria, Matilda, Luna Moth and Forest Canopy

I need to get on with some baby knitting too. Counting up I realise there are now 7 babies due to my friends before the end of the year. So I'm thinking this Alphabet blanket by Debbie Bliss (Ravelry Link) might quench my thirst for lace and make an amazing present.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Muir is gorgeous and goes so well with your outfit. Hopefully you won't need a waterproof on the day!
I like all of those designs, but the only one I've knitted is the Forest Canopy, a super-easy design which will also make good use of smaller skeins. the one which intrigues me is the Hanami, that looks fabulous.

scarletprincess said...

Just WOW! Its so beautiful and a perfect match for your dress too! The
Hanami looks so fabulous but very taxing to knit... if I wasn't such a lace clutz I'd have a go at that!
Well done :o) xxx

florencemary said...

It's absolutely fantastic, Ruth, and superb in that colour (it even matches your blog)! I'm interested to know why you didn't do the picot edging, though (but not that it detracts in any way)?

As for the choice for your next project: one word - Laminaria....

Anonymous said...

Your Muir is gorgeous Ruth! Such a vibrant colour, I'm sure you'll get lots of compliments. I'm struggling to get through a Print O'the Wave in time for a wedding in a fortnight, also to match my dress. Only 71 edging repeats to go!!!

Linda said...

That is gorgeous Roo, just perfect with your dress.

Knittynutter said...

Muir is gorgeous, and i love the colourway,
great knitting

Angie

Ally Jay said...

stunning colour. Love the pattern, so intricate and delicate looking.

Roobeedoo said...

That's lovely! Perfect with the dress for a summer wedding. I still haven't tried lace...