Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

There has been no time for blogging recently. Rather than spending all evening surfing the net I've actually been doing some crochet, sitting in the garden enjoying the last light of the day.
Baby Blanket
I've nearly finished square number 12 and I'm liking it so far.
I've been knitting on the train too. Here is Haystacks sock number 1.
Giant Haystacks
I should have *just* enough yarn to finish number 2, they might not be completely matching however! I'm hoping to finish the second sock soon as I'm getting all excited about my first yarn yard club parcel for a while which should arrive in the next couple of days. I'm having lots of fun imagining what colours Natalie has dyed for us.
In between crocheting and sock knitting I've been keeping up with my "Knitting for me" resolution..
Liesl
This is the start of Liesl by Ysolda in some boring black GGH Samoa - hopefully it will be perfect for work.
I'm also going to swatch for Secret of the Stole III - in some purple Malabrigo laceweight. Are you going to join me?

12 comments:

Dawn said...

The blanket looks gorgeous, love the socks and am very interested in Liesl as I've just bought that pattern! Can't knit on it yet though until SOS is over!

Esther said...

I really like the crochet squares - I think I have the same book LOL! Haven't tried anything out of it though. I made my sister a blanket for her newborn son, only dc with a tr scalloped border as it was really quick. Not what I would have prefered, but she did want it quickly, so impatient!

p.s. still waiting for my sock book to arrive, will let you know how I do with it..

Nautical Knitter said...

I think I will join you in the Secret of the Stole III KAL... Glad to have you aboard!

Linda said...

Very nice crochet and the haystack socks. I really like that pattern.

Anonymous said...

Still love those crochet squares, the colours are very Neopolitan.

Roobeedoo said...

Busy indeed! Yes I like the haystacks pattern too - your colour combo is so summery. Would love to SOS but still haven't tried laceweight knitting - chicken that I am. Looking forward to seeing Liesl grow!

Danielle said...

I don't think I need my own knitting queue, I just need yours. I don't get as much knitting done, but I've just started my muir, my SOTS III swatch is already done (needs washing and blocking, then possibly redoing on larger needles), and I'm buying yarn for Leisl in a few weeks time.

Ally Jay said...

A busy time in your home. Some lovely things being produced.

Bryony Ramsden said...

You've done it again with the crochet squares :D Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The blanket looks lovely.

scarletprincess said...

Gosh those squares are gorgeous!! I've foolishly signed up for the secret of the stole III, am I completely crazy? Maybe! I'd love some tips if you have them!!!

Esther said...

thanks for the tip! What i think seems confusing (to me anyway!) is that you join after two rows - I've made quite a few socks, but only from straight forward patterns x