Monday, January 07, 2008

A vintage parcel

I was having a rubbish day. Work was mad busy and I only just managed to escape in time to go and see my mum in hospital; she is having a heart valve replacement operation tomorrow. I was feeling pretty down when I got home, and they Tony showed my my parcel....
My vintage sock swap socks have arrived from Holland!
vintage sock swap 002
Along with a chocolate letter - which is a present for "Sinterklaas", some clips for holding my socks together and some lavender shower gel to help me relax. Just what I need today.
vintage sock swap 003
My socks are Fancy Silk Socks in Colinette Jitterbug.... they feel amazing and fit perfectly... thank you so so much Amemerins - and thank you Wendy for organising the swap.
I turned the heel on my second sock for this swap this morning on the train to work... I'm hoping I will be able to post them at the weekend.

2 comments:

scarletprincess said...

They are so pretty! I wish your mum lots of wel wishes- my mother has heart problems as well as many others and has had similar ops. Don't over-stress yourself, x

Linda said...

Best wishes to you Mum for her op, I hope all goes well. The parcel looks fab.