Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UK Swap Questionnaire

My first swap of the year is going to be the UK Swap
I've seen it advertised on a few blogs and on Ravelry and thought it would be fun to get to know more UK knitters. I've had such positive experiences when swapping within the UK before, I hope this time is as successful.
Sign ups are open until 21st Jan if you are in the UK and interested.

Part One: Crafting
Do you knit, crochet, or both?
Both. I've been knitting since I was small and crocheting for a couple of years after being taught by a friend.

What do you like to make?
Socks have been my addiction. I've spent most of the last few years making presents for children, jumpers/scarves/hats etc. I've also made a few crochet baby blankets. My first lace stole last year was a great success and very rewarding. 2008 is supposed to be the year of making things for me, including some larger items like jumpers.

Do you have a favourite project?
My most rewarding project was the Mystery Stole 3 I made last year.
ms3 complete 001
My favourite thing to wear are my stripy jaywalkers. Jaywalker 001They make me smile.

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
I'll try almost anything. However anything with some cashmere in probably would win if there was a contest.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
Novelty or furry yarns that are hideous to knit with.

Do you do any other crafts?
I was bought a sewing machine for my 30th birthday last year, and I am slowly learning to use it.

What knitting do you bring ‘on the go’?
Socks - always have an unfinished sock with me

What do you carry your ‘on the go’ knitting in?
I've made a few sock bags which fit needles and yarn

Do you want something new?
Not particularly... but I am a sucker for bags!

Are there any knitting gifts (book, toy, yarn, item, tool) that you have been lusting over?
I have promised myself I am not buying any sock yarn this year, however the following are on my sock yarn wish list:
(b) Dream in Color - Smooshy. I love the purple colourway.
(c) Noro sock yarn (don't even know if it is available here but I know I would love it)
(d) Sock yarn with some bamboo content.

Other than that I would really love some purple laceweight (preferably with some cashmere content or Malabrigo)
I have a wish list on Amazon I keep fairly up-to-date. The vogue socks book is at the top of the list.

Part Two: Your Favourites

What is your favourite colour?
Purple

What is your least favourite colour?
I don't think there is much I don't like.

What scents/smells do you like?
Lavender. My favourite perfume is Flower by Kenzo if that helps.

What don’t you like?
Musky type smells.

How do you like to pamper yourself? (bubble bath, hand creams, massage, manicure)
Handcreams are always good.

What goodies to you like to treat your tummy with? (chocolate, biscuits, truffles, etc.)
Chocolate, yum. Don't really like truffles or any kind of chocolate with alcohol in. Everything else is good.

Do you prefer tea or coffee while you knit? Any particular kind?
Tea - peppermint or redbush.

Favourite mug/cup?
My Edward Monkton china mug from here - I love drinking tea from a china mug/cup.

Do you listen to/watch anything while you knit? (TVshow-Along, movies, music, podcasts)
I listen to Cast On and Lixie Knits it whilst travelling. I usually knit in the evening, the TV may or may not be on! Favouite music is a bit of a mix between cheesy pop and 90's/00's indie! Think Take That, Wonderstuff, Arctic Monkeys, Little Man Tate. I had the latest Live Lounge album for Christmas and that is fab.

Part Three: Living & Past-times
Where do you live in the UK? (General idea not address)
Wolverhampton

Have you always lived here, or did you grow up somewhere else?
I grew up here, moved to Sheffield for University and then to London for work... I came back home in August last year.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Australia - to see friends or somewhere in the middle of nowhere on holiday - probably Scotland actually!

If you couldn’t go to a knitting group, what other kind of gathering would you go to? (book club, tea party, yoga class, jewelery class, etc.)
A tea party sounds like fun.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamourous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.)
I don't really have a style... just lots of purple things

Final Part:
Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?Nope...

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?
Please don't think that I expect you to buy any of the things above :0) I just wanted to give you an idea of the kind of things I would like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
i see purple is your thing
*takes notes*
i am wondering would you like a mix of things (some yarn and other bits) or would you prefer mostly yarn?

that girl x