Yes, I signed up again -1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Anything natural is fine by me.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?I've got an amazing stand my bf made me for my wooden needles. I have a cupboard in the lounge with my current projects in. my crochet hooks are stored in a jam jar on the shelf in there - it works quite well.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I learnt when I was about 10 or so, knitted loads of soft toys in my early teens and then knit on and off for about the next 10 or so years, not really making it my hobby. I reckon I've been knitting solidly for about the last 2 years or so, since my friends started having babies to knit for. Probably about intermediate skill level4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not one that is up-to-date
5. What's your favorite scent?I don't really do heavily scented things, probably lavender if I had to pick6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?Yes! Malteasers and Green & Blacks chocolate for a bit of luxury.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I crochet too, which I enjoy as a change from knitting. I like baking and gardening too but don't tend to get much time to do either! I don't spin and don't have and craving to do so at the moment. I got a sewing machine for my birthday, so I'm having fun learning how to sew.8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I'm a 1990's indie girl. Stuck in the days of Blur, Ash, Pulp, The Wonderstuff etc. Recently, The Killers, Arctic Monkeys and more chilled out stuff too like Scott Matthews. I *may* also be found at Take That/Robbie Williams and Wet Wet Wet concerts. oops.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I am addicted to stripy things. I just cannot stop buying them. My wardrobe seems to consist of a lot of pink, brown and turquoise at the moment too, so I think that must be a favourite along with purple.10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I live with my lovely bf in Wolverhampton. No pets.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?Yes to scarves, hats and mittens. A girl can never have enough of these.12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Socks, socks and more socks. Oh and presents for small children too.
13. What are you knitting right now? Mystery Shawl 3 (my first big lace project), a couple of pairs of socks and a few assorted baby items. I also have a crochet hexagon throw which I pick up from time to time.14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Love them!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Depends what I'm knitting. I have a set of wooden straight needles; I knit socks on 30cm circulars or bamboo dpns. I like addi turbos and have found the addi lace needles fantastic.16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes to a winder. I made myself a swift from lego a month or so ago!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?March 06 - but it is a big blanket that I always knew would be a long term project.18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?Nope, although Tony would tell you I collect wool.20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have a subscriptions to Interweave Knits, Interweave Crochet, Simply Knitting and Yarn Forward (so that is just about all bases covered!) I love sock yarn. I'd also like to increase my fabric stash a little. I'm also interested in simple(ish) lace patterns and laceweight yarn.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm trying to get to grips with lace!22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Oh yes. I knit socks on the bus and train on my commute into Birmingham every day. I am UK Size 6-7. I can give you more specific measurements if you want them.
23. When is your birthday?May 18th.24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Sure am. Rooknits is my ID