Sunday, September 17, 2006

Stash

I made a trip to the Knitting and Stitching show at the NEC yesterday. I was a little disappointed really, only Hipknits, Get Knitted and Web of Wool had anything remotely interesting. I think I will have to go to Olympia next year.
After that I thought I would call into the Knit and Natter session in Beatties in Wolverhampton. Had a lovely hour with Annette and Rose. Thanks for making me so welcome. I will definitely come again when I have a spare Saturday afternoon. Beatties also have loads of Rowan with 70% off. It is all current stock, but stuff they are not meant to have anymore so it is messing up the stock takes apparently! Excellent!
This is the bounty that came from my little knitting trip yesterday:

From L-R
Hipknits Aran Silk (Brown) - for another Garden scarf
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - Watercolour - from Get Knitted- to make socks for me to match my scarf!
Some more Hipknits Aran silk in Yellow/Blue/Brown for a Christmas present scarf
Two balls of Rowan Calmer in red a bargain at £1.80 a ball from Beatties in Wolverhampton. Destined to be Odessa for my friends mum who is going through Chemo at the moment.
Four balls of Rowan Handknit Cotton; another bargain at 90p a ball from Beatties in Wolverhampton. Destined to be a pink and red stripy jumper for my friends little girl for Christmas.
Two balls of Regia Silk in Brown/grey from Web of Wool - Christmas socks for Tony.
One ball of Cotton Glace, again from the sale in Beatties - £1.14 destined to be the digger on the front of this jumper

The other exciting news is I have had an offer on my flat for the full asking price! Tony and I have also been having discussions about future plans - and I think we have decided to try and look for something to buy together, rather than me buying on my own and then selling up in a year or two. It will be a big project i.e. like a falling down barn or a piece of land. This means I will be staying here in Tony's house for quite a lot longer than I'd originally thought; but that's ok, we haven't killed each other yet. I am trying to be tidy and Tony is learning how to compromise! With that said, I'm off to mop the kitchen floor and then cycle over to his sisters to steal some apples to make a pie later. Such a life of Domestic Bliss!

4 comments:

scarletprincess said...

I'm so glad you went along to Beatties' knit-chat! Theyr'e a lovely bunch of girls who go and I'm looking forward to when lil Seth is in a routine so I can come along again!
The stash looks great, probably just as well I can't get along to Beatties with such bargains to be had ;o)

Penny said...

Yes, the NEC was a lot smaller then the London Knitting and Stitching show. At least you got some nice yarn at Beatties - our local one doesn't stock any Rowan, just Sirdar.

Unknown said...

I don't feel so bad about not getting to the NEC now, sounds like you had a lovely time at Beatties though and what super goodies. I have hankered after the Lorna's Laces in Watercolour for a while, I am coveting yours.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my Electra, I was delighted with the final outcome although really worried while knitting. I find putting lots of colours together quite difficult, too many decisions to commit to....

Stacey said...

I can't go to the K&S show this year but I don't feel so bad now - lol. I'm going to try to get to Olympia next year though - definitely.