Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oolong

Ok, so I promised you more finished knitting, here we have Oolong Socks from the Twist Collective by Monica Schmidt in the gorgeous Hazel Knits Artisan Sock Yarn from Socktopus.

Oolong Sock

I wanted some red socks to go with my new red hoodie and jeans, and these fit the bill of being easy and interesting enough to knit on the train and perfect for solid colour yarn. I wasn't so sure about the pattern change until I tried them on:

Oolong Socks

But as you can see, when worn, the change from leg to foot comes at exactly the right point!

Oolong Socks

Started: 24th December 2008
Finished: 1st March 2009
Pattern: Oolong from the Twist Collective by Monica Schmidt
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan sock in Red Carpet
Needles: 2.5mm
Comments: I started these with the channel island cast on that Lucy Neatby taught us on the Socktopus weekend last November. It gives the illusion of a picot edge that I like.
The yarn is about as sproingy as Merino gets and was a complete dream to knit with. The colour didn't run when washed and they are so soft. The yarn is quite tightly spun, so I'm hoping it will last. Especially as I have these two wonderful skeins from the Hazel Knits sock club to enjoy now
Hazel Knits Sock Club Feb 09

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Nice socks! I've not tried this yarn, but I do like the colours. You're on a bit of a roll!

Roobeedoo said...

You joined the club - ooh! That colourway looks exactly like Jitterbug Gaughin. And lovely Oolongs!