Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ruck n' Maul

Ta daaaa!
Thomas' 4 ply jacket is finally finished (minus some buttons).
Ruck n' Maul
The pattern is Sirdar 1240 with a few modifications.
I knit this in a 4ply sock yarn (Ochil from The Yarn Yard in the Ruck n' Maul rugby inspired colourway ). The pattern calls for DK - so I ended up casting on for the age 4-5 years but knitting to the dimensions of the 1-2 year. I also knit in the round to the armpits.
Thomas in his Cabled Cardigan
A pretty rubbish photo, just to prove it fits....

Ruck n' Maul
A close up of the cables and the half fishermans rib (which looks almost as good on the wrong side).
Ruck n' Maul
And finally, the back.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks very professional. The colours are lovely, and it suits him very well!

Kate said...

He looks lovely. :-) So nice to see a boyish knit. If that one came in adult sizes, though, I'd wear it! Really like the pattern.

And I think 99% of the photos I take of Rose "modelling" are similar to that one!

Sue said...

Love the color and how clever of you to knit with the 4 ply in a larger size. I started the same pattern but in 8 ply in a light grey color. I really love the pattern.

Roobeedoo said...

Fabulous! So... have you volunteered to make a Tony-sized one for Christmas? ;)

Ali said...

Did you have any problems with the pattern? I think there is an error in the sleeve (at at a minimum it is very confusing!). Also the left and right fronts seem to be the same! thoughts?