Monday, August 08, 2011

Making Monday. Too many courgettes.

I have ten courgettes plants at the allotment. This, I have discovered is probably eight (or maybe even nine) too many. It is not possible for one family of three, their relatives and friends to eat the volume of courgettes produced by ten plants. It is courgettes with every meal here. I have even resorted to baking and can tell you that the Green & Blacks recipe for courgettes loaf is very good indeed. This is of course due entirely to the courgettes and has nothing at all to do with the bar of dark chocolate it contains.



4 comments:

Katie said...

Our courgettes suffered in the cold spell we had in May, as a result we're still waiting for our first courgettes...
The slugs haven't helped either.

Peeriemoot said...

My dad had a courgette glut last year - pretty much a greenhouse-full. He offered courgettes to everyone who visited ('coffee? biscuit? courgette?') but unfortunately none us like courgettes really! He scaled it back a bit this year :-D. Maybe I should tell him about that recipe!

Roobeedoo said...

I have about 4 courgette flowers and NO courgettes yet. This year, you are clearly The Chosen One! ;)

knitternicky said...

We haven't grown any courgettes this year but we didn't need to as we have been given so many of them. the BBC good food website has some good recipes including some pretty good courgette muffins and a courgette pickle recipe, which I've made but not tasted yet as it is less than 2 weeks old so not matured enough. My in-laws are all pickle mad so even if I don't like it (I'm not a pickle person) the jars may find themselves some fancy bows and be given out as extra crimbo pressies.