Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yet more socks...

The 30th Birthday Posh Spiral Socks are finished on time!
It is Julie's 30th today, I'm going on holiday with her and James on Friday so they will be gifted then.
spiral socks 001
Pattern: Adapted from Probably Jane's Spiral Socks
Yarn: Posh Lucia in Trim (about 50g) and The Yarn Yard in TdF Dix Huit (about 15-20g)
Needles: 2.5mm
Started: 7th April
Finished: 30th April
Comments: I wanted to use a contrasting yarn to the Lucia as I wasn't sure I had enough for a complete pair of socks. The mosaic pattern was really easy and the second sock flew by (knitted in 2 days!) However I did one less decrease on the second one and look how the yarn pools with 2 extra stitches. It isn't as noticeable in real life so it is here to stay. I'm not convinced I like them, but I think (hope) Julie will!

Speedway Socks
speedway 004
One down, one to go. This pattern is fab, like Jaywalkers but stretchy. I love the Kaffe Fassett Regia too.

My holiday knitting is going to be some simple Stashbuster Spirals with The Yarn Yard Ravelry group. Anyone else tempted to join in? There are lots of 25g skeins in the shop.I asked Natalie to dye some sunshine yellow yarn to go with my pink and turquoise and look what a great job she did.
stashbuster 002
I think these should be easy car/lazing around knitting for my trip to Exmoor on Friday.
For the more quiet times I am going to be taking my Swallowtail Shawl. 1o (or maybe 11) repeats of the budding lace chart done....
swallowtail
See you all when I'm back from Exmoor, hopefully with some exciting news about the second round of the UK Swap!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Your socks look great. I have the urge to knit another swallowtail. It looks great. Can't wait to hear your news.

Alicia said...

Your socks look lovely!!!! And the SW is looking great!!!

Anonymous said...

The socks look wonderful, and I love the colour choice for the next pair. Have a great time in Exmoor.