Monday, September 03, 2007

Canadian Affair

Just a quickie as I don't know if I'll have time to post again this week. Tony and I are off to Toronto on Saturday - it is my (very posh) 30th birthday present from him. I am very excited.
Along with all the predictably cheesy touristy things like a baseball game and dinner at the top of the CN tower does anyone have any recommendations of other things we should do, places we should eat and dare I say yarn/fabric shops I should visit?
I've got a list of Yarn shops from the Yarn Harlot (who else) and am hoping to make it to at least one - so if anyone has any hankerings after Canadian yarn let me know and I might have space in my suitcase for a skein or two. I don't have any fabric shops on my list yet however - so any recommendations would be greatfully received. Talking of fabric.... I'll leave you with my new bag, made on Sunday. Well everyone needs a holiday tote don't they?
Pattern is Frenchy by Amy Butler from Get Knitted.
The butterfly fabric is from Hobbycraft, along with the lining and the stripy fabric is from JL a couple of years ago in the sale.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Have a lovely time, what a great treat that birthday is! Your bag is perfect.

Roobeedoo said...

Oh you lucky bag ;)

Have a fantabulous time!

Piglottie said...

You lucky person you!!! Have a wonderful time in Toronto. I'm sure its going to be brilliant!

And your bags is gorgeous. :)