Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Stockings and gowns

The Christmas Stocking for Carys is finished:Pattern: My own standard top down sock pattern, with a bit of Fair Isle and Intarsia thrown in. The people and reindeer charts came from an issue of Simply Knitting, the snowflake was my design!
Yarn: Odds and ends from the stash.
Started: 9th November
Finished: 19th November
Comments: This was really fun! I am proud of my snowflake fair isle, which is far far better than the people or the reindeers. The heel looks a bit big, but I don't care! I don't think it will block either, but it is a Christmas Stocking so I figure it doesn't matter!

Now for the gowns. Check out the lucious long hair (ok, wig then)
Not the best photo in the world, but you get the idea. A great evening of fun and merrymaking was had by all!
The next day, the 30th birthday sock brigade got together for a photoshoot!

1 comment:

scarletprincess said...

congrats on finishing the stocking! It looks wonderful :o)