My second Knit Love Club sock club socks are finished.
Started on the 3rd May and finished on the 30th, these have been my commuting knitting for the last month.
Knit in Brooklyn Handspun Soft Strength, a merino and nylon blend in the Persephone colourway - greens and pinks are not my usual choice, but I do like the finished result. However the yarn is a little fluffy - and I'm not sure how well it will wear. I fear I should have gone down a needle size, but we will see.
A new interesting sock construction, from the toe up, These are Cat Bordhi inspired - with the simplest and most effective toe up cast on I've ever done - take a look at these You Tube video's and try it!
You knit a tube which you cut to insert the leg, like the Houdini sock in Twist Collective. It works really well and fits perfectly too. (I have discovered it is almost impossible to take a sensible photo of your own feet whilst 7.5 months pregnant - so you'll have to believe me on that one!)
The cuff was a provisional cast on, which was then knit back and forth over 7 stitches in moss stitch and joined a stitch at a time to the top of the sock - ingenious!
So, now all I have to do is print out the pattern for the next installment, which arrived last week - purple and beads - wow. Not much commuting time next month, I finish work on Friday - but there are 6 weeks until the baby is due, so I'm hoping to finish these before then.