Thursday, November 06, 2008

Scotland 2008

Scotland Mosaic
I can't believe we have been back for a week and a half already! We had a wonderful time staying in a converted chapel - second picture down on the left.

One of the highlights was meeting Ruth (Roobeedoo) for the first time. We went to the Rowan 30th Anniversay exhibition being held at Twist Fibre Craft in Newburgh, about 30 mins down the road from where we were staying.
The exhibition was mostly full of mindboggling examples of mad1980's cotton colourwork. I only wish I'd taken a picture of the mustard intarsia jumper that we all agreed was the worst thing there. In fact neither Roo or I took any photos at all, and we call ourselves bloggers!
Roo made me a gorgeous crocheted bracelet you can see on her blog here and we found a delicious little cafe for lunch. A lovely Sunday out.

The rest of the week was spent out and about in Perthshire and beyond. We saw Tamworth pigs and Highland Cattle at various different farm shops. Spent a day driving around the villages near St Andrews looking for fish! Visited the fabulous cathedral at Dunkeld on a very stormy day and finished the week in Arbroath with some fantastic smokies.

4 comments:

Linda said...

How fab! I love Scotland.

Roobeedoo said...

*blush* how lovely to be a highlight!
Where on earth is that stone skyscraper at top right? That looks fascinating!

Dawn said...

It looks great! Chris would really appreciate that central photo!

Susie Hewer said...

Oh I remember Rowan designs of the 1980s well - they were truly horrid! I spent most of that decade crocheting rather than knitting as I hated the knitting style that prevailed.

Love the photos of Scotland - we had our honeymoon there many years ago.