Monday, March 10, 2008

Just enough time for a blog post

I don't know where the evening has gone! All I've done is put a load of washing on, had dinner and wrapped up my parcel for the UK Swap. I am hoping Tony will take it to work to post as the box is massive and I don't fancy taking it to Birmingham on the train tomorrow!
I think there is just enough time for some finished objects before Skins starts on E4!
I ventured down south this weekend to see Owen in his birthday jumper....
owen&carys 090308 015
owen&carys 090308 012

I managed to finish my Cranford Mitts on the train
cranford 003
And I have been keeping my hands nice and snug in them today. The best thing? I can still knit whilst wearing them. Yipee. Perfect for commuting knitting.
cranford 006
Started: 1st March
Finished: 9th March

Pattern:
Cranford Mitts by Jane
Yarn: Yarn Yard Merino. I used about 1/2 a skein of the MC (Mysteron) and a tiny bit of the contrast Gaskell)
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Comments: A really quick knit. The horseshoe lace pattern is very easy to memorise. The increases for the thumb are so simple I would never have thought of it. The are a lovely snug fit perfect for keeping my hands warm whilst knitting out and about. I think I might make more of these as Christmas presents! I also intend on using the horseshoe lace pattern for a pair of socks sometime soon.
I also started on my Mr Greenjeans cardigan. Not much to see at the moment. One more pattern repeat before I take off the stitches for the arms. I am loving the Malabrigo and the purpleness of it all.
purplejeans 004

4 comments:

scarletprincess said...

Aah bless! Owen looks fab in his jumper and comfy too! Those mitts are super gorgeous! I can't believe they only took you 9 days! As for the purpleness....so jealous! I looked at the cardi pattern and it really is perfect for you!

Sue said...

Owen looks adorable in his cute sweater. I really love the color of the yarn you are using for Mr. Greenjeans too.

Linda said...

Doesn't he look great in the sweater. I like the mitts too, I am wearing mine to study in and knit in!

Roobeedoo said...

Mmmm purpleness! What size of needles are you using? I have just had to frog a malabrigo hat because of too-small-needles but the recommended 4.5mm sounds big - should I trust the pattern writer?!